Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Different number of drives for full/incremental

2001-01-13 16:22:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Different number of drives for full/incremental
From: Jason Ahrens ahrensj AT psi DOT ca
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 16:22:40 -0500
I have a system with two tape drives in it. Both are the same type and are on
the same machine.

For full backups, both drives have tapes in it and the backup spans both
tapes.

For incremental backups, only one tape is required. Is it alright to put a
tape into only one of the drives, and have NetBackup 'discover' that no tape
is in the second drive. Will it do the full backup to the single drive then?
(this is a theory I am about to test this week, thought I'd ask for opinions
on it before it comes time to test)

Thanks

Jason
--