Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Schedule question

2001-01-04 17:14:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Schedule question
From: Jason Ahrens ahrensj AT psi DOT ca
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 17:14:12 -0500 (EST)
The jobs finally went away.

I have come across a sheduling issue. I want to do something like this:

Every Friday I need to do a full backup. Depending what Friday of the
Quarter it is, I need to keep the data for varying amounts of time
(ie: some backups only kept for 3 months, some kept for one year, others
have infnite retention (until manually removed)). Netbackup does not seem
to supply fine-grained control past the 'week' level as the 'windows' are
purly week based, and it is not possible to set a 'calendar' type setting
for these three types of backups.

How does one implement such a system that is date dependent instead of
just 'weekday' dependent? My current system has all the 'Full' backup
types defined, but when backup time comes alone the 'first' one in the
list is used. Do I manually have to adjust schedules every Friday for the
next three months to get the system started?

Jason

--
Jason Ahrens
PSINet Limited