Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Jobs that won't die

2001-01-04 13:30:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Jobs that won't die
From: Jason Ahrens ahrensj AT psi DOT ca
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 13:30:58 -0500 (EST)
Netbackup 3.2 on Solaris 7.

Last night we had an issue with the sysytem that performs the backups and
the kernel froze in the middle of the backup. After fixing some problems
that caused this, we brought the machine back up again. Everything seemed
well. Looking at the NetBackup job minitor though, I discovered the system
apparently froze in the middle of the backups.

The job monitor shows a number of 'Active' jobs that are no longer
active. Attempts to 'kill' the jobs from both the GUI and the command line
have failed.

How can I clear these 'active' jobs and knock them into a 'failed' state?

Jason

--
Jason Ahrens
PSINet Limited