Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Strange Happenings During Restore ...

2001-01-03 21:31:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Strange Happenings During Restore ...
From: Deron Johnson djohnson AT amgen DOT com
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 18:31:46 -0800
When you select Specify Alternate Path, you will see a "Restore From"
box, and a "Restore To" box.  For each file to be restored, if the
beginning of its path matches Restore From, it is replaced with Restore
To.  If it does _not_ match, then no substitution takes place.

"Overwrite existing files" is a fairly dangerous option, as you have
learned.  If I really need to replace files, I rename or remove the ones
to be replaced before running a restore.

--
Deron Johnson
djohnson AT amgen DOT com