Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup DB tapes

2001-01-02 13:12:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup DB tapes
From: Ravi Channavajhala ravi.channavajhala AT csfb DOT com
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 13:12:10 -0500 (EST)
Kim,

When you run the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpsyncinfo, do you
see still these tape IDs?  If it is, then that's what might be problem

-ravi

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Pearson, Kim (STP) wrote:

kim>We use bpvault to backup our NetBackup database. We are attempting to re-use
kim>NB Database backup tapes (from bpvault) after they have expired.
kim>
kim>We are seeing the following errors logged from Netbackup:
kim>
kim>01/01/01 18:27:51 bigbuserver bigbuserver  FREEZING media id 000157, it
kim>contains
kim>                    NetBackup database backup data and cannot be used for
kim>                    backups
kim>
kim>This is happening on over 30 different tapes. Is there something special we
kim>need to do to re-introduce these tapes??  Have you seen this before?? Here
kim>is a vmquery output:
kim>
kim>stpsn066# ./vmquery -m 000157
kim>============================================================================
kim>====
kim>media ID:              000157
kim>media type:            DLT cartridge tape (11)
kim>barcode:               000157
kim>description:           ------
kim>volume pool:           ScratchPool (7)
kim>robot type:            TLD - Tape Library DLT (8)
kim>robot number:          1
kim>robot slot:            16
kim>robot host:            cphom
kim>volume group:          00_001_TLD
kim>created:               Fri Aug 13 13:59:39 1999
kim>assigned:              ---
kim>last mounted:          Mon Jan 01 18:30:49 2001
kim>first mount:           Sat Aug 14 05:54:28 1999
kim>expiration date:       ---
kim>number of mounts:      8
kim>max mounts allowed:    250
kim>============================================================================
kim>====
kim>
kim>Thanks,
kim>
kim>Kim Pearson

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
recipient. CREDIT SUISSE GROUP and each of its subsidiaries each reserve
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state
them to be the views of any such entity.
Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is
indicative only, is subject to change and does not constitute an offer to
deal at any price quoted.
Any reference to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as
preliminary only and subject to our formal written confirmation.