Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple backups from same client

2001-01-02 12:16:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple backups from same client
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 12:16:16 -0500
OK ... I was only partially correct. It appears that only a NetWare client or
Macintosh client can support one backup/restore process at a time. I see no
references to UNIX or NT. Hopefully someone else can provide insight to UNIX
and NT clients.

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> "Sixbury, Dan" <dsixbury AT saint-lukes DOT org> 01/02/01 11:26AM >>>

Has anyone run into problems with running multiple backups from the same
client at the same time.  One of our clients has four classes and the
backups sometimes overlap.  From what I have read, it shouldn't cause
problems, but wanted to know if anyone out there has run into problems with
this.

Thanks,
Dan