Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 219 is now a status 98

2000-12-28 18:47:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 219 is now a status 98
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net John_Wang AT enron DOT net
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 17:47:37 -0600
Hello

OK, I'm confused.   New media server, got tpconfig -d and bpstulist showing
reasonable output.   Still kept getting status 219's when directing a class to
use the new storage unit however if a class is set to use any available storage
unit, it will use the new media server and give me status 37's cause it would've
been one of the production classes with clients not configured to recognize the
new server :(, anyway, killed a bunch bpsched processes, tried to tag truss onto
one without luck, adding unnecessary entries into my bp.conf like
"WAIT_IN_QUEUE" cause they sounded good and suddenly the test class jobs produce
status 98's instead of 219's.   OK so it's progress of sorts.   Killed ltid on
new media server, set options to verbose, started ltid and the syslog shows the
following when the test job runs:

Dec 28 17:36:36 iah-bk-02 ltid[22444]: Request for EVSN 000901 by host iah-bk-02
is being rejected because the host is not validated for the media pool

What do they mean validate for the media pool?

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals