Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] New Media Server and status 219's

2000-12-28 11:54:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] New Media Server and status 219's
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net John_Wang AT enron DOT net
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 10:54:29 -0600
Hello

I believe that issueing a "/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -d" command on each of
your media servers should tell you which host each of them is using for the
volume database host.   Also, on mine, because the volume database is not on the
master server, starting the media manager does not display the appropriate
information until I change the volume databse host selection (Unix GUI, NT GUI
does the tree pane thing).

You could reconfigure to specify which host to use as the volume database host
with the tpconfig command but the manual warns that once you have multiple
volume databases, you cannot merge them.

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Broadband Services
3 Allen Center 3AC872e
ph (713) 345-6863

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          KZufall@offic|
|        |          emax.com     |
|        |                       |
|        |          12/28/00     |
|        |          10:48 AM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  |       To:     John Wang/Contractor/Enron Communications@Enron          |
  |       Communications, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

  |       cc:                                                              |
  |       Subject:     RE: [Veritas-bu] New Media Server and status 219's  |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Actually, this may have some bearing on the problem I posted earlier, with
the configuration of the ACSLS robot.  The install of the media server was
done by a coworker, so it's quite possible he simply accepted the default
installation and my media server is also acting as the media manager.  The
coworker has since moved on to greener pastures, so I can't verify this with
him.

However, it would explain why the ACSLS robot can be configured on the media
server in the first place.  Still don't understand why it can't be
configured on the Master, unless it's some kind of conflict with the
possible Media Manager installation on the media server.  Any ideas how I
can verify if the Media server is in fact configured as a Media Manager as
well?  And if so, how do I correct the configuration?

Ken Zufall
Technical Analyst
Phone: 216.471.3613
Pager: 440.303.1656
Fax: 216.491.4051

"It's not the most intellectual job, but I do have to know all the letters."
Vanna White