Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Second Media Server/Robot and Status 219

2000-12-22 18:25:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Second Media Server/Robot and Status 219
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net John_Wang AT enron DOT net
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 17:25:36 -0600
Hello

OK, I've got another media server now with a second ADIC Scalar 1000 as the
robot.   In keeping with the recommendations in the manual, I've added it to the
existing volume manager rather than use the default one on the new media server
by adding the robot via tpconfig on the old volume manager.  I've also assigned
the new robot a robot number of 1 since the manual seems to imply that the
numbers should be unique (no mention of whether it's unique on a given media
server or throughout a cluster)   I've updated the volume database from the
robot and both volume groups for the two Scalar 1000's show quite happily, I've
even been labeling tapes quite happily in the new Scalar.   However, when I set
up a test job to go to the new Storage Unit, it fails immediately on Status 219.
The bpcd daemon is listening on the appropriate port, bpsched logs show nothing
unusual and snoop sessions show that when the test job is kicked off, there
isn't even a packet going to or from the bpcd port so bpsched doesn't even seem
to try and contact the bpcd.   However if one just sits by and watch the snoop
session, every now and then the Netbackup Master server has a nice chat with
bpcd on the new server so it is getting through.

Any ideas?

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer