Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Setting Up Java GUI for Non-root Administration... What a Hassle

2000-12-21 14:55:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Setting Up Java GUI for Non-root Administration... What a Hassle
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 14:55:31 -0500
I'm trying to set up the Java GUI so I can create a userid for my help desk
folks that limits what they can do within NetBackup. I was able to create a
test userid several months ago and it is working but I am running into a
problem trying to create the real one. When I execute jbpSA I get the userid
and password box displayed and for some reason the password block is not
available for entry. On my test ID if I just hit enter, it goes on and displays
the Java GUI and all is well (I guess that's a different problem). With the ID
I'm trying to set up now, I hit the enter key and I get an error message that
says "Can't create Directory". It doesn't say which directory not does the
jbpSA log, a useless log by the way, give any insight. Anybody ever seen this
before. As I recall, when we set up the test user months ago, we may have run
into this same issue but by shear stroke of luck, figured out which directory
it was trying to create and went out and did it manually. Three months later we
can't remember what we did.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dennis F. Dwyer