Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] unable to configure clients R/W

2000-12-20 17:36:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] unable to configure clients R/W
From: fx [François-Xavier Peretmere] fx AT Veritas DOT com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 23:36:35 +0100

 that's normal. it's not because your admin station is in the master SERVER
list than it gives you admin right on the client. you need to be in every
NetBackup machine (client or server) SERVER list to be able to administer
them.

 and don't forget that usual TCP/IP name resolution takes place under the
scene. if the name resolution is broken between you and the machine you're
trying to administer, it won't work.

 fx

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

--
      fx AT veritas DOT com      | With searching comes loss
François-Xavier Peretmere | And the presence of absence;