Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Schedule specific file exclusions

2000-12-13 13:23:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Schedule specific file exclusions
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net John_Wang AT enron DOT net
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:23:04 -0600
Hello

An interesting thing is that if you put "C:\" in the exclusion list on the NT
netbackup client, then exit out of the Configure panel and re-enter, it will
have changed the "C:\" to "C:\VERITAS\Netbackup".   I'm trying "C:\*" this time.

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Broadband Services
3 Allen Center 3AC872e
ph (713) 345-6863

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          John_Wang@enr|
|        |          on.net       |
|        |                       |
|        |          12/13/00     |
|        |          10:41 AM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     David_Chapa-WLDC18T AT email.mot DOT com
 |
  |       cc:     mtraves.news AT home DOT com,
 |
  |       veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu, (bcc: John

  |       Wang/Contractor/Enron Communications)                           |
  |       Subject:     RE: [Veritas-bu] Schedule specific file exclusions |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello David

Same thing here,  when I establish a class and schedule exclude list to exclude
all and then a like class and schedule include list to include the *.nsf files
back, I get everything backed up anyway.   I think it's my usage of the syntax
":\" to represent all local drives which would be the syntax in the Class file
specification.   On the assumption that they are inconsistent with their syntax
use, I'm changing my exclude lists to be "c:\" "d:\" and "e:\" and seeing if
it's any better tonight.

Another interesting point, if I run a full backup of only specific included
files and then subsequently run a differential of all files except those same
files, I get almost nothing in the differential.   So it would seem that the
various incrementals are disrespective of the coverage.

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Broadband Services
3 Allen Center 3AC872e
ph (713) 345-6863

|--------+--------------------------------->
|        |          David_Chapa-WLDC18T@ema|
|        |          il.mot.com             |
|        |                                 |
|        |          12/13/00 07:34 AM      |
|        |                                 |
|--------+--------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     mtraves.news AT home DOT com
 |
  |       cc:     veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu, (bcc: John

  |       Wang/Contractor/Enron Communications)                           |
  |       Subject:     RE: [Veritas-bu] Schedule specific file exclusions |

Interestingly enough I have created the exclude list from both the server and
the client with no success.  Perhaps I'll remove everything from the client's
GUI and try it again.

I have opened a case for this, hopefully the support engineer will give me as
much or more information as you have.

thank you

david