Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Schedule specific file exclusions

2000-12-12 16:23:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Schedule specific file exclusions
From: Scott Kendall Scott.Kendall AT ln.ssw.abbott DOT com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:23:47 -0600
They are in the Registry as REG_MULTI_SZ values:

HKLM\Software\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\Exclude
HKLM\Software\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\Include

An example of three exclude lists, one for a class, one for a class and
specific schedule and one for the entire client would look like this in the
Registry.  If you edit the Registry be very careful.  A space at the end of
the line will change the meaning of the line for the exclude/include list
(supposedly... I have never tested).

items to be excluded for entire client (one per line)
CLASS:class_name
SCHED:schedule_name
items specific to class and schedule (one per line)
CLASS:class_name
items for all schedules for a specific class (one per line)

They can also be configured through the client's GUI or through the GUI,
"Configure NetBackup", from an NT admin client.  The easiest way to see how
it should look in the Registry is to configure it here first.

If more than one exclude list exists, the client will only use the most
specific (similar to bpstart/bpend notify scripts).  Same goes for the
include lists.

I think this is what you were asking on the second question...  The
files/directories must be included in the File List for the client to
exclude/include the files.  If it is not in the Class's File List, simply
putting it into the include list on the client will not add it to the
backup.  If both exclude and include lists exist, the exclude list will be
processed first, then the include list.  This is used to specifically include
a subset of items you are excluding.

Scott Kendall
Hospital Products Division
Abbott Laboratories

 John_Wang AT enron DOT net
 Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT Eng.Auburn DOT EDU
 12/12/2000 02:30 PM