Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpsched -mainempty?

2000-12-08 12:15:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpsched -mainempty?
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:15:05 -0600
As a matter of troubleshooting, if you are able, I would stop and restart
the netbackup processes.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bprdreq -terminate
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpdbm -terminate

the bpsched should drop after a while.

then when all of the bpps process are dead

initbprd

and you should be good to go.

the media problem seems to indicate a communication error from your media
server to your master server.  This request would be from the bptm after it
queries the mediaDB to see if there is a valid media available for the
backup request.  bptm then requests a new tape from the media manager
database and tpreq is executed to mount the tape.  If there were media
manager problems one may think that stopping and starting ltid and vmd would
have merit as well.  I would just to be safe.

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/stopltid
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmctrldbm -t

then just ltid (with whatever options you start it with) will bring
everything backup up again on your media server.

Are these tapes in a pool defined as scratch?

David