Veritas-bu

[veritas-bu] NBU Database backup to NDMP Storage Unit

2000-12-06 14:58:45
Subject: [veritas-bu] NBU Database backup to NDMP Storage Unit
From: Sixbury, Dan dsixbury AT saint-lukes DOT org
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:58:45 -0600
I have only had one experience with this, and that was with 3.2.  There was
a bug (feature) that I hope is fixed in Version 3.4., but I am not sure if
it is.  The wonderful feature made it so that the NetBackup Catalogue had to
be backed up to a local device.  If you tried to use one controlled from a
media manager server with its own devices for instance, the DB backup would
not work correctly.

Dan Sixbury

Here's a fun one.  The configuration is a Windows 2000 master server running
NBU DC 3.4 with an NDMP client.  The client has the library control and all
(both) tape drives in the library attached to it (leaving none for the
master server).

I am concerned about the NBU database being able to backup to this NDMP
storage unit.  Is anyone doing this already?  Any problems that you've
encountered?

Thanks!!

Steve White