Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scheduled Backups not starting

2000-12-06 14:17:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scheduled Backups not starting
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 11:17:38 -0800 (PST)
Sorry to add more commentary, I didn't finish reading
your email.

About the security...the java interface allows for some
of what you are looking for.

It is documented quite well in the 3.4 manuals (don't
bother looking for it in 3.2 its basically non-
existent).

david

Quoting "O'Shea, Don" <Don.OShea AT emergis DOT com>:

> I had originally typed a reply that the frequency was
set to daily and
> thought I better double check before hitting the
send. As it turns out
> someone had gone in and changed the frequency to once
a week.

> In my case, with some of the people we have using
Netbackup, it would be
> nice to have some kind of security level where I
could lock down backup
> configurations to only allow certain individuals
access to make changes.
> The
> rest would only be allowed to start, stop and monitor
backups and restores.

> Thanks for all your help everybody.
>
> Don O'Shea
> Systems Analyst
> BCE Emergis
> Financial Services Division
> Phone: (905) 707-4000 Ext. 3765
> Fax: (905) 707-4329

starting

> There are two things that control when your backups
start.  First is the
> "frequency" you set for the class.  The frequency
sets how often a backup
> should run.  If your frequency is set to two days,
then the backup attempts
> to run every two days.  The second part of the
control mechanism is the
> "windows" that you create within the schedule.  These
are set with a start
> time and duration for each day of the week.  These
tell NetBackup when it
> is
> allowed to start this particular class.  So here's a
simple example.  Let's
> say you have windows set seven days a week, that
start at 1800hrs with a
> duration of 6 hours.  Then you have a frequency of
two days.  That backup
> will run every two days around 1800hrs.  So check
your windows and
> frequency
> to see where the problem is.

> Steve White
> Collective Technologies
> Senior Consultant
> Email:  stevew AT colltech DOT com
<mailto:stevew AT colltech DOT com>
> Phone:  360-607-1911
> Pager:  1-800-946-4646 PIN 1706042
> Send short text messages to 1706042 AT archwireless DOT net
> <mailto:1706042 AT archwireless DOT net>

Of O'Shea, Don
> > Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 7:14 AM
> > To: 'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'
> > Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scheduled Backups not starting
> >

> > does anybody know what would cause backups to not
kick off at their
> > scheduled times. The classes are set to active and
everything
> > looks fine but
> > unless the operators manually start the backups
they will not run.

> > Don O'Shea
> > Systems Analyst
> > BCE Emergis