Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scheduled Backups not starting

2000-12-06 14:16:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scheduled Backups not starting
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 11:16:09 -0800 (PST)
is this by chance an NT Master Server?

I found a bug in the interface that changes the
frequency back to 1/wk (default) when you change the
backup type.

David

Quoting "O'Shea, Don" <Don.OShea AT emergis DOT com>:

> I had originally typed a reply that the frequency was
set to daily and
> thought I better double check before hitting the
send. As it turns out
> someone had gone in and changed the frequency to once
a week.

> In my case, with some of the people we have using
Netbackup, it would be
> nice to have some kind of security level where I
could lock down backup
> configurations to only allow certain individuals
access to make changes.
> The
> rest would only be allowed to start, stop and monitor
backups and restores.

> Thanks for all your help everybody.
>
> Don O'Shea
> Systems Analyst
> BCE Emergis
> Financial Services Division
> Phone: (905) 707-4000 Ext. 3765
> Fax: (905) 707-4329

starting

> There are two things that control when your backups
start.  First is the
> "frequency" you set for the class.  The frequency
sets how often a backup
> should run.  If your frequency is set to two days,
then the backup attempts
> to run every two days.  The second part of the
control mechanism is the
> "windows" that you create within the schedule.  These
are set with a start
> time and duration for each day of the week.  These
tell NetBackup when it
> is
> allowed to start this particular class.  So here's a
simple example.  Let's
> say you have windows set seven days a week, that
start at 1800hrs with a
> duration of 6 hours.  Then you have a frequency of
two days.  That backup
> will run every two days around 1800hrs.  So check
your windows and
> frequency
> to see where the problem is.

> Steve White
> Collective Technologies
> Senior Consultant
> Email:  stevew AT colltech DOT com
<mailto:stevew AT colltech DOT com>
> Phone:  360-607-1911
> Pager:  1-800-946-4646 PIN 1706042
> Send short text messages to 1706042 AT archwireless DOT net
> <mailto:1706042 AT archwireless DOT net>

Of O'Shea, Don
> > Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 7:14 AM
> > To: 'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'
> > Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scheduled Backups not starting
> >

> > does anybody know what would cause backups to not
kick off at their
> > scheduled times. The classes are set to active and
everything
> > looks fine but
> > unless the operators manually start the backups
they will not run.

> > Don O'Shea
> > Systems Analyst
> > BCE Emergis