Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE:Netbackup for Netware Question

2000-12-05 13:29:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE:Netbackup for Netware Question
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 13:29:08 -0500
I am currently running NetBackup for NetWare (Target) and I never start the
bpsrv service because I haven't needed it for anything (so far). I set up the
autoexec.ncf to load SMDR and the required TSA's (TSA410 and TSANDS) and then I
load bpcd. That's it. Everything so far has been working well. The only problem
I had with the NetWare targets in the beginning had to do with the fact that
NetWare V4 does not use DNS so I had to use fully qualified server names. I
beat myself up on that for days before a talented Novell guy pointed that out.
Now my NetWare client backups are very consistent and I only have the
occasional STATUS 41 failure

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company