Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup for NetWare questions

2000-12-04 13:07:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup for NetWare questions
From: RYAN C. ANDERSON RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 12:07:33 -0600
I'm switching from a non-target configuration to a target configuration,
and have some questions.

In a NetBackup NetWare target configuration, should the bpsrv.nlm be
loaded at all times?  As near as I can tell, it is primarily used for
communication with the non-target Windows NetBackup GUI for NetWare.  Is
it needed for anything else?

Lastly, in the non-target configuration, there is a 'target' that is
created by default called 'Server Specific Info'.  In the target
configuration I find no such definition.  I can't find any documentation
on this.  What is this information?  On a target configuration, should
this be defined?

Regards,

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)