Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tape eject after backup - a script that mightwork for you too....

2000-12-04 11:29:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tape eject after backup - a script that mightwork for you too....
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net John_Wang AT enron DOT net
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 10:29:51 -0600
Hello Lee

If I leave the tape alone and press return, the barcode scanner scans the tape,
then the accessor arm picks it up and puts it back into the library and an error
message saying tha there was already a tape in the mail slot gets outputted.
It's almost as if the robot is checking if the mail slot is occupied after it
has moved the tape to the slot.   I've been pouring through ADIC documentation
but have found nothing to explain the behaviour yet.

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Broadband Services
Enron Building 1472c
ph (713) 345-4291
fax (713) 646-8063

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          kolinsky@coll|
|        |          tech.com     |
|        |                       |
|        |          12/04/00     |
|        |          10:03 AM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     John Wang/Contractor/Enron Communications@Enron         |
  |       Communications                                                  |
  |       cc:     DONALDG AT tc.gc DOT ca, shyamdayal AT usa DOT net,
        |
  |       veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

  |       Subject:     Re: [Veritas-bu] tape eject after backup - a script|
  |       that mightwork for   you too....                                |

John,

YES it will prompt you but did you infact take the tape out
or did you just -- (press <RETURN> to continue) --
It always wants to that and in fact in my scripts I usually redirect
input to the command, piping it an <CR> automatically.  I believe that
with your command if you just hit <cr> each time it asks for it the
robot will place the next tape in the next slot.