Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Security on clients

2000-11-28 16:41:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Security on clients
From: Jason Ahrens ahrensj AT psi DOT ca
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:41:43 -0500 (EST)
Hello

I am setting up NetBackup on a network that is accessable to the internet
at large. I am wondering how NetBackup clients handle the SERVER setting
in bp.conf... If the client is set SERVER = a.b.c, and a server named
a.b.c contacts the client, will is just assume all is well, or will it do
a reverse nameserver lookup to verify that the server is in fact who it
reports to be.

If not, is there some way to do this, or is TCP wrappers around the client
programs in inetd.conf my only solution.

Ther server is a Solaris 2.7 and clients are all various versions of
Solaris. NetBackup version is 3.2 with current patches.

Thanks!

Jason