Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] User backups and multiplexing

2000-11-28 05:31:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] User backups and multiplexing
From: Axel Kunze axel.kunze AT dab DOT com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:31:48 +0100
Hi everybody !

I just rewrote a oracle hot backup script while migrating from
Networker to Netbackup. I discovered that I've to create a user
backup schedule in my class to get the script working. So far no
problem, but I can't get the bpbackup commands being multiplexed.
When I start 4 bpbackup's at the same time, NBU mounts 4 Tapes
instead of multiplexing them to one tape. Is this the normal NBU
behaviour for user backup's ?
Or is there another possibility to get a oracle hotbackup except
RMAN and NBU oracle extension ...

Thanks for any help ....

Regards

Axel Kunze