Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL 2000 client ?

2000-11-20 17:31:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL 2000 client ?
From: Josh Schlanger jschlanger AT arsenaldigital DOT com
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 17:31:42 -0500
I have a configuration which I need help with for a hot MSSQL db backup:

We have 2 servers (CL01 & CL02) that are running Win2K and SQL2000.   The 2
servers are clustered, along with 4 drives in an array.  Each physical
server has 2 virtual servers (VS01 & VS02 on CL01) and (VS03 & VS04 on CL02)
and each physical server has it's own instance of a SQL db (SQL01 on VS01,
SQL02 on VS02, SQL03 on VS03, and SQL04 on VS04).  I want to know how I can
configure the client and master server to perform hot db backups of each
instance of the databases (as each instance IS different).  Veritas
indicates they do not support this configuration, especially since you can
only create one _VIRTUAL_SERVER_NAME_ environmental variable per physical
node/computer.  Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Other info:
Master server is Sun E450 running NBU v3.4.
Physical client machines (CL01 & CL02) are running NBU v3.4 client software
and the MSSQL extension is installed.

Joshua Schlanger
Arsenal Digital Solutions Worldwide
jschlanger AT arsenaldigital DOT com