Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle failing during a backup

2000-11-20 10:26:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle failing during a backup
From: Henfling, Timothy TMHenfling AT homeside DOT com
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:26:55 -0500
I was wondering if anyone has see this before.....the unix adminstrator has
moved some files to a different file system...(what he did is written below)

Copied the Oracle binaries under /oracle from an HP HFS file system to a
newly created VxFS file system.  Started Oracle and the listener.

We do not use the oracle extension.  we just backup a their dump files.
However whenever a backup runs and it is about 12 minutes into the backup
the listener freezes and erroring out on the network layer errors.  The only
thing that will clear it is a reboot.  This just start happening after the
file system move.  This server has never had a problem backing up in the
past.  I have reloaded netbackup and the unix adminstrator has reload
oracle.  I really do not think it is netbackup causing the problem.

I really need some suggestions to figure this one out.  thanks

Tim Henfling, MSCE, CNA
HomeSide Lending, Inc.
(904) 281-3427
Fax (904) 281-3939