Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Lost images

2000-11-16 17:29:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Lost images
From: Ravi Channavajhala ravi.channavajhala AT csfb DOT com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:29:31 -0500 (EST)
I guess, I know what are you are trying to get at?
Yes, all my /db/images volumes are managed by VxVM,
but it was such a hard crash that, I lost both of
my plexes, a vxmend also couldn't help.  So, I had
to resort to the monkey work I did.  The bad thing
is I am mirroring on separate spindles but on the
same controller (that explains it all doesn't it?)

As for VxFS not on these volumes.  Didn't find an
elegant way to convert UFS to VxFS without incurring
huge downtime.  Oh well...one of these days.

-ravi