Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Offsite Storage

2000-11-16 09:13:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Offsite Storage
From: Randy Wilson RWilson AT RBMG DOT com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:13:28 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C04FD7.647D9A90

        I am a new Netbackup administrator and I have a couple of questions
about tape management. My company has implemented Netbackup in the Unix and
NT environment. They have asked me to make sure that each nights backups are
available to send offsite and that we keep a local copy for onsite restores.
I do not have the available backup window to run separate jobs for onsite
and offsite storage so I am thinking I must use the tape duplication
feature. My problem is that duping the many tapes we have each day is a very
time consuming task, there has to be a better way! Can anyone steer me in
the right direction? Is there some way to automate this task? Is this what I
should be doing at all? Thanks for your help.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C04FD7.647D9A90

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2652.99">
<TITLE>Offsite Storage</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">I am a new Netbackup administrator and I have a couple =
of questions about tape management. My company has implemented =
Netbackup in the Unix and NT environment. They have asked me to make =
sure that each nights backups are available to send offsite and that we =
keep a local copy for onsite restores. I do not have the available =
backup window to run separate jobs for onsite and offsite storage so I =
am thinking I must use the tape duplication feature. My problem is that =
duping the many tapes we have each day is a very time consuming task, =
there has to be a better way! Can anyone steer me in the right =
direction? Is there some way to automate this task? Is this what I =
should be doing at all? Thanks for your help.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C04FD7.647D9A90--