Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Iamge expiry on the tape

2000-11-15 19:50:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Iamge expiry on the tape
From: shyam hazari shyamdayal AT usa DOT net
Date: 15 Nov 00 17:50:26 MST
Admins,
        Probably it's the dumb question I am asking you. I am keeping a
retension period of One week, so that there is no need to do a manual
bpexpdate each time. Of course I know I am playing with fire. Is there anyway
I can overwrite the image on a tape without expiring it ? Because I can't
backup to the tape if it is already full.

Doing a manual bpexpdate sounds terrible to me as I have to handle hundreds of
tapes per day.

Apart from this, is there anyway to recover the data from an expired tape  as
I know which tape has the data.

I appreciate y'r help

Shyam Hazari,
Qwest.