Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tape and sgscan oddity

2000-11-15 19:34:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tape and sgscan oddity
From: Bob Bakh bbakh AT veritas DOT com
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:34:58 -0800
check your st.conf and make sure that the 0x20000 bit is set for the DLT
7000

so it should be 1, 0x36, 0, 0x28639, 4, 0x82, 0x83, 0x84, 0x85, 3;
instead of 1, 0x36, 0, 0x8639, 4, 0x82, 0x83, 0x84, 0x85, 3;
or 1, 0x36, 0, 0x3d639, 4, 0x82, 0x83, 0x84, 0x85, 3;
instead of 1, 0x36, 0, 0x1d639, 4, 0x82, 0x83, 0x84, 0x85, 3;

and so on this allows you to shut off the SCSI reserve setting, you need to
do this on all the SUN servers attached to the san.

Bob