Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] improving backup speed on NT backups

2000-11-14 11:43:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] improving backup speed on NT backups
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:43:07 -0600
no, actually you don't have to put it in the registry, but just as the Unix
product, you can put it in veritas\netbackup\db\config.

Since I am a fan of consistency (and hate modifying my Operations Manuals),
I prefer to stay out of the registry as much as possible.

The default, 4 buffers at 64K typically is sufficient.  However, I have
found at one of my client's that the server was having a hard time filling
up the buffers, and as a result I was seeing network timeout, etc.

My solution was to increase the number of buffers to 8 and reduce the size
to 32K.

This has had very positive results for all machines in the NT domain.

David Chapa
DataStaff, Inc.