Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question on cluster backup

2000-11-02 10:26:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question on cluster backup
From: Jonathan Meyer jmeyer AT ptc DOT com
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:26:10 -0500
Yes, with netbackup you can set up the logical hosts in a cluster as
clients.  This is exactly how we backup up the shared data for a
suncluster and an alpha trucluster.

As far as licensing, I have not analyzed veritas' licensing rules, but
it seems to me that there are still only two physical hosts.

Jonathan Meyer
(781)398-6594
UNIX Systems Administrator
Paramtric Technology Corporation