Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] MPX question

2000-11-01 17:10:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] MPX question
From: Ravi Channavajhala ravi.channavajhala AT csfb DOT com
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 17:10:39 -0500 (EST)
Hi all,

I recently activated MPX on one of my classes, it is for
daily incremental and has 12 servers in it.  What I noticed
is when this class kicks in, the no.of drives being actually
utilized is only 5.  OK, with MPX factor, I understand that
this may use less drives than may be available.

What I dont understand is, any backups scheduled while this
class actively backing up, they all get queued up rather than
utilizing the remaining drives.  The other class has also
MPX factor.  I'm at a loss to understand how and why MPX
schedules and why these jobs are getting queued up, eventhough
the drives are available.  Appreciate any answers.

-ravi