Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Script question - regarding duplication

2000-10-30 17:43:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Script question - regarding duplication
From: egml5 egml5 AT hotmail DOT com
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:43:59 -0500
I am looking for a command to output media id's
containing duplicates written during a specified time period.
I would like the output to be in the form of a bare list
of the media id much like the output of

bpimagelist -media -idonly -hoursago 24

I am working on a session_notify script to
automate our duplication process which includes performing
bpexpdates on month-end and year-end duplicate backup media.
If I can get a list of media id's that contain duplicates during a
particular window of time - I will be able to then use them in the
script to automate our duplication process.

My colleagues and I have sifted through many command-line
options of NetBackup executables with no success.

The best thing we can come up with at this point is to:

bpimagelist -media -idonly -hoursago 24 >outputfile1
Then run our bpduplicates.
Then run another 'bpimagelist -media -idonly -hoursago 24 >outuptfile2
and by comparing outputfile1 and outputfile2
make the assumption that the media ids are for current daily
duplicate media id's.  Using these results we could then change
expiration dates of the duplicates.  I'm not sure this procedure
will accurately determine duplicate media id's, and I believe
there should be a more streamlined way to accomplish this task.

Any discussion on this topic online or offline is appreciated.

Regards,
egml5 AT hotmail DOT com