Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How RMAN retrieve the backup ID into Netbackup

2000-10-30 12:16:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How RMAN retrieve the backup ID into Netbackup
From: Pascal VIOLERO AI/DI-TA pascal.violero AT airbus DOT fr
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 18:16:02 +0100

            Hi,

            I want to write a script to purge RMAN record into the
            recovery catalog in
            accordance with backup expiration date in the corresponding
            backup into Netbackup.

            So I need to know how RMAN retieve the backup ID into
            netbackup.

            RMAN seem to use a handle made by the format command into
            the RMAN backup script, this to identify
            the backup. And Netbackup uses a backup ID (readable using
            bpimagelist NBU command).
            Do you know a method to find the RMAN key in accordance with
            the NBU backup ID.

            Or do you know a method or a script to purge RMAN catalog in
            accordance with the retention period in
            netbackup.

            Bye

            pascal Violero