Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Notification of Problems using NetBackup V3.2 for Unix

2000-10-26 16:32:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Notification of Problems using NetBackup V3.2 for Unix
From: Ravi Channavajhala ravi.channavajhala AT csfb DOT com
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:32:34 -0400 (EDT)
I'm not sure what you are "exactly" trying to do, but if I
understand you correctly,

You can run bpend_notify on a per *client* basis, bpend_notify
receives exitstatus as the last param.  Based on this you can
conditionally execute the pager.  Look for all error codes under
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/bperrcode and see what error
codes are of interest to you.  There are two problems, if the
host is completely unreachable (either network problem or something
like that), or if the host is down, your bpend_notify will never
run.

I personally prefer backup_exit_notify which runs on the master
server and sends notification.  However, this will put additional
load on your master.

Else, run /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror -U -problems
-d <current_time> -e <anhour_ago> in a cron on an hourly basis.
Do date arithmetic with PERL and page yourself as you please.

-ravi