Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Setup problems - Solaris + Netbackup 3.2

2000-10-24 06:44:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Setup problems - Solaris + Netbackup 3.2
From: Hielke Christian Braun bigfuz AT newmail DOT net
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:44:13 +0200
Hi everybody !

i am new to the list and also new to the Netbackup Software. I have some
problems
installing the Netbackup Software 3.2 on Solaris 7. I configured the
Mediamanager with the tpconfig utility to recognize the StoreEdge L1000 robot.
When
i now start the ltid Daemon, it only starts vmd and exits.
The only message i have in the syslog is:
Oct 24 11:23:09 bpbackup vmd[910]: ready for connections
but nothing from the ltid or tltcd Daemon.

When i start the Device Management program i can connect to the host, but it
prints:
Connected, daemon down.
Also initiating the Media Manager Device Daemon by the menubar only produces
Oct 24 11:24:44 bpbackup vmd[1045]: terminating - another daemon already exists
(89)
in the syslog.

The configuration for the taperobot seems to be right. I can also control the
robot
with the robtest utility. The configuration is :

Pending Requests
ReqId  User      RVSN    EVSN    Density  Mode    Time

Drive Status

Dev Type   Control  User      Label  RVSN    EVSN    Ready   Wr.Enbl.  ReqId

Device Configuration

Currently defined drives and robots are:

 Drive Name  bp_rob1_drv1
 Index   1
 NonRewindDriveName /dev/rmt/0cbn
 Type   dlt
 Status   UP
 Multihost Access No
 TLD(1) Definition DRIVE=1

Currently defined robotics are:
  TLD(1)     robotic path = /dev/sg/c3t0l0, volume database host = bpbackup

I would be very glad for any help.

Kind regards,
        Hielke Christian Braun.