Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple net interfaces...

2000-10-20 18:24:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple net interfaces...
From: parker AT bctm DOT com parker AT bctm DOT com
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:24:06 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, folks,

I have a NetBackup server with two interfaces, one on each of my primary
networks.

I want to set things up so that clients on one of the networks access
the server using that network interface, and clients on the other
network use the other interface.

I can see how (using 'REQUIRED_INTERFACE' in bp.conf) I can direct ALL
traffic to one interface on the server, but that's not what I want.

>From what I can see, setting 'SERVER' in the clients' bp.conf files
won't do the trick either.

Any thoughts? Setting up network or host routes on the clients would do
the trick but the NT clients apparantly don't understand redirects as
they should and end up passing all of the traffic through the router,
not what we want!

Cheers,

Ross
--
Ross Parker            |      UNIX Sys Admin, Perl and C,
Systems/Network Admin  |        Networking and security
                       |      Lisp has all the visual appeal of oatmeal
parker AT bctm DOT com        |   with fingernail clippings mixed in (Larry
Wall)