Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Network load balancing

2000-10-16 16:39:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Network load balancing
From: Bob Bakh bbakh AT veritas DOT com
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 13:39:51 -0700
Why make it so difficult, why not replace the quad card with a Gigabit card
and connect it to the switch, why do you want to have 4 or 5 small pipes and
all the routing issues associated with it, and not just get a Gige port?

Also if you want why not stick an f5 in front of the server and use it to
route to the least busy port.  Lastly why not just trunk the interfaces.

If you have 30 v-lans then there is going to be the problem of routing them,
so you will need 30 interfaces or a common route to all the vlans.

Bob