Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ACSLS and multiple versions of Netbackup

2000-10-09 18:59:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ACSLS and multiple versions of Netbackup
From: Bob Bakh bbakh AT veritas DOT com
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 15:59:37 -0700
The answer should be yes.

Unless your sharing the same ACSLS tape drives in both configurations.

But if there are two drive pools defined in ACSLS and each have defined tape
pools that are separated by the acsls software then there is no issue here.

never share a robot between two NetBackup masters unless you set one as the
volume database host and the second as a Master as far as scheduling but a
slave as far as media management is concerned.

That means that Master 1 is the volume database host and Master 2 points to
Master 1 as the volume database host.

This saves you from overwriting tapes.

But even in this config you need to be at the same rev level of software.

Bob