Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] script repository?

2000-09-27 10:37:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] script repository?
From: Jonathan Meyer jmeyer AT ptc DOT com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:37:18 -0400
I have been thinking about a veritas script repository recently also.
I have a fair amount of scripts written in ksh which produce reports,
check the status of drives, look for used up cleaning tapes, and other
daily tasks.

I would be interested to contribute what I have written if someone is
going to maintain a collection.

Unfortunately, I do not have as much time as I would like to
contribute to such a project.  However, I have still been giving some
thought toward trying to establish a netbackup scripts project on
sourceforge.

I have not run a project on sourceforge before, but it is my
understanding that they would provide, web space, mailing lists, and
use of CVS to any open source project.  I believe a collection of
netbackup related materials would qualify.

Do other people think this would be a useful way to manage a netbackup
collection?  Is anyone else interested in investing the time to pursue
this?  I can only contribute as time allows, so I am hesitant about
trying to take this on myself.

Jonathan Meyer
(781)398-6594
UNIX Systems Administrator