Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] script repository?

2000-09-27 05:15:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] script repository?
From: Mark Smiles msmiles AT lucent DOT com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:15:26 +0100
--------------AB3F292ACB4783924ABE75D8

This is definitely a worthwhile idea.

Veritas should have done long ago, bit  I suspect commercial ideals got in the
way of altruism to the users and voted for consultancy revenues instead.
Regards,
Mark

Joshua Fielden wrote:

> I find myself about to sit down and hammer out 6 hours or so worth of
> automation for our install, and it occurs to me that the wheel has probably
> been invented before. Is there interest in a web site that hold a variety of
> NetBackup scripts, catagorized and available for download? I am volunteering
> to provide server space and librarian tasks for this, if enough interest is
> there, and a fair amount of useful scripts are donated.
>
> Comments welcome.
>
> --
> "Any man page that includes the words "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. BEWARE OF DOG.
> SLIPPERY WHEN WET" means trouble" - Michael Lucas
> Joshua Fielden, Senior Systems Administrator and Backups Team Lead
> eXcite@Home, Inc. jfielden AT excitecorp DOT com 650-556-3316

--------------AB3F292ACB4783924ABE75D8

begin:vcard
n:Smiles;Mark
tel;work:+44 1344 29 6042
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:M&CT Microelectronics group;ME CIO Emea
version:2.1
email;internet:msmiles AT lucent DOT com
title:Unix Systems Manager
adr;quoted-printable:;;Kingswood,=0D=0AKings Ride;Ascot;Berkshire;SL%
8AD;United Kingdom
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Mark Smiles
end:vcard