Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Recovering NBDB on a different master server

2000-09-21 11:41:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Recovering NBDB on a different master server
From: Blinsmon, Tim tb39759 AT glaxowellcome DOT com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:41:10 -0400
Hi,

What I've done is to bring the recovery server up so that it alone thinks it
is the master, but let the rest of the environment know it by it's real
name.  For example:

Production NetBackup Master:    xxx
Disaster Recovery Master:       yyy

DNS continues to see the Recovery server as yyy, but the target Disaster
Recovery machine thinks that it is xxx.

It's easy to change the system's identity (as long as you can stand a
reboot).  Change the /etc/hosts, /etc/nodename, and /etc/hostname.<network
interface> files to reference xxx and then reboot your system.  On the
NetBackup clients that you want to restore to, make sure you set their
server name to yyy.

There may be better ways to do it but this has worked fine for us.

-Tim Blinsmon
Glaxo Wellcome, Inc.
Worldwide Information Systems Architecture and Technology
Email: tb39759 AT glaxowellcome DOT com    Maildrop: M3134A
Alternate Email: tblinsmon AT techieguy DOT com
Phone/Vmail: 919-483-7057   Pager: 888-368-3814     FAX: 919-483-7624
Internal Webpage: http://ussun4n.glaxo.com/group/tb/index.html

"Your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gonn Jinn, Master Jedi