Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question on reports

2000-09-18 10:02:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question on reports
From: RYAN C. ANDERSON ryan_anderson AT udlp DOT com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:02:16 -0500
I believe that this is a client backups report.  This would be done
using 'bpimagelist' with the various flags and parameters you want.  The
easiest way I've found to see what these commands are is to start up
NetBackup administration using the less-than-documented:

# xbpadm -commands &

Then choose, View --> Commands.  While you generate reports using the
GUI, you see what commands are executed in the 'Commands' window.  Even
better, look at the man page for the command now that you see *what*
command you want to use and there is usually more functionality.

Regards,

Ryan
Ryan C. Anderson           United Defense L.P.
UNIX Administrator         http://www.udlp.com/
(desk) 763.572.6684        (pager) 612.235.9936
ryan_anderson AT udlp DOT com     Mail stop M313

Ravi Channavajhala wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Kinda new to NetBackup and wondering how can I generate
> reports using bp commands?  I can currently generate
> a report with the following format from GUI, but I'd
> like to use command line.  Thanks for any help.
>
> Client:            rochester
> Backup ID:         rochester_0968891388
> Class:             Daily_Incr_20
> Class Type:        Standard
> Sched Label:       Daily_Incr_20
> Schedule Type:     Differential Incremental Backup
> Retention Level:   2 weeks (1)
> Backup Time:       09/13/00 20:29:48
> Elapsed Time:      000:47:48
> Expiration Time:   09/27/00 20:29:48