Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to ArchiveOracle logs

2000-09-05 10:51:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to ArchiveOracle logs
From: Tony_Tissicino AT firstar DOT com Tony_Tissicino AT firstar DOT com
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 09:51:36 -0500
Can anyone offer any information on archinvg Oracle archive logs?  The dba here
would like me to check every hour for logs in the specified directory and send
them to tape, then delelte them.  I had thought that this is the purpose of
Archiving, so I tried it with bparchive with a test file:

bparchive /tmp/archive_file

Expecting the file to be backed up to tape, then deleted, but I get the error:

(198) no active classes contain schedules of the requested type for this client.

Am I approaching this the correct way?  If bparchive does not function this way,
is there another way I can accomplish this?  If anyone would be willing to share
some examples I would be grateful,

Thanks,

Tony

--
Relevant stats:

Master Netbackup server: E5500, 6 400Mhz Cpus, 5 Gb Ram,  Solaris 7, Veritas
Volume Manager
w/ StorEdge L280 DLT Autoloader (8 tape)
Client #1: E3500, 2 400Mhz Cpus, 1 Gb Ram, Solaris 7,  Veritas Volume Manager
Client #2: Ultra 450, 1 400Mhz Cpu, 1 Gb Ram, Solaris 7, ufs