Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to re-create Index ???

2000-08-28 14:03:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to re-create Index ???
From: McMurphy, Tim Tim.McMurphy AT cdcgy DOT com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 12:03:01 -0600
You are correct for question 1.
I can use Multistreaming without MPX and that would save me creating 5 to 10
times more classes. We just went to 3.2 in February so I will have to read
up on that some more.

Sorry for the long rant but this has been 2 weeks now and nothing is
happening that would help me and my fustration is growing.

> their new "feature" Multistreaming which uses MPX!!!
> Not true.
You are correct. From the Multistreaming pages:

"IF the storage unit has multiple drives configured and MPX per drive IS NOT
enabled  (value of 1) then the number of possible concurrent streams (jobs)
from a client is equal to the number of drives in the storage unit."

Multistreaming will use MPX if you have it but will still work with multiple
drives if you have MPX disabled. Ok so I can limit future damage, good.

>As far as question 2, its done by importing the tapes,
>at least that's the way I've always done it.
This is where I am getting the problem. I can do a phase 1 and 96% of the
phase 2 but nothing shows up as available for restore.

>Do you have any duplication process in place for
>disaster recovery and offsite storage?
No tape duplication in place. Tapes are sent off-site after the next
monthend is done. Would be nice but it isn't in the budget :(