Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Logging

2000-08-28 11:51:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Logging
From: Jim VandeVegt vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:51:31 -0700 (PDT)
--- "O'Shea, Don" <Don.OShea AT emergis DOT com> wrote:
> Does anybody know how you disable logging? We were having a problem
> and I
> needed to enable logging to resolve it. Now that the problem is
> resolved I
> need to disable the logging but I can't find out how to do that. Is
> it as
> simple as deleteing the directories I created. We are running on an
> NT
> system.

Yes, just delete the directories.  Same as with a UNIX master server.

> Secondly, is there a way to configure how long reports are kept
> for? I need
> to clean up some space on the drives and I don't need to keep
> information on
> backup status and such for more than a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you talking about the
jobs that show up in the Job Monitor (or whatever the NT equivalent is)?

=====
Jim VandeVegt
vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com vandevegt AT avaya DOT com
http://members.xoom.com/vandevegt
Toilet paper should come off the front!