Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SUMMARY: Monthly backups for offsite storage

2000-08-22 09:55:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SUMMARY: Monthly backups for offsite storage
From: Gregg Yurchak gyurchak AT veritas DOT com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:55:08 -0400
You know, you won't be able to recover any further forward then the full
backup without some tedious manual work.  With it in the seperate class, you
won't be able to apply incrementals to it.  I thought at first that would be
fine for you situation, since you could recover your systems to at least
within a month of what you were looking for, but the more I think about it,
the more this would just cause serious headaches if it ever had to happen.
It seems like someone there won't like not being able to get a more exact
backup than a particular month.

You could manually compare your incrementals to your monthly fulls to
restore the needed files, but again that'd be some boring work.

Thanks,
Gregg Yurchak
VERITAS Consultant
Biloxi, MS