Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Dual homed Media servers, is it possible?

2000-08-16 16:36:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Dual homed Media servers, is it possible?
From: Michael Wei wei AT colltech DOT com
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 15:36:10 -0500 (CDT)
Put

SERVER=networkA.foo.com
SERVER=networkB.foo.com

in ALL bp.conf on the master, slave and clients.  (it's not necessary but
it makes things simple).

The actual TCP connection carrying the data is always initiated by the
media server to the client.  In a muti homed media server
situation, the clients on networkB will get a TCP connection from the
networkB interface of the media server, and most Unix will gives out source
IP address carrying the address of the networkB interface.

You don't need to define two seperate storate units.

--Mike