Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Off topic: Tape technologies (LTO/Ultrium).

2000-08-16 09:36:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Off topic: Tape technologies (LTO/Ultrium).
From: Fergus Donohue Fergus.Donohue AT dcu DOT ie
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 14:36:33 +0100
Hi all,

Appologies in advance for not sticking strictly to Netbackup questions.
I'm looking at implementing an enterprise backup system and from reading
about tape technologies LTO/Ultrium looks very good. I see that Qualstar
have released the TLS-8000 library with Ultrium drives - has anyone
looked at this technology and what are the opinions on it? Do Veritas
plan to support LTO/Ultrium in the near future?

Thanks,

Fergus.