Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VERITAS NETBACKUP PROBLEM

2000-08-10 08:54:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VERITAS NETBACKUP PROBLEM
From: Walker, C. (Curtis) cwalke26 AT ford DOT com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 08:54:20 -0400
Greetings,

My name is Curtis Walker and I am sending this note out in order to get
assistance with a Netbackup issue that I am stumped with.

I and running Veritas Netbackup version 3.1.1GA.  This is running on a
Enterprise 450 server with Sun OS 2.6.

I am trying to back up a client  which is a Sun Ultra-60 with Sun OS
2.6.

The problem I encounter is every time I run netbackup on the client I
get error code 41.  (network connection timed out)  The system shows
that it is connecting to the client and it mounts the tape and indicates
that the tape is moving to the next free position.  It indicates that it
is trying to back up a file system then it hangs for a long time then
the system terminates the job.

I edited the file: "/usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf" to be:

SERVER = vfptdm
CLIENT_NAME = vfptdm
DO_NOT_RESET_FILE_ACCESS_TIME
USE_CTIME_FOR_INCREMENTALS
ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = CPIO
ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = TAR
ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = ANSI
BELIEVE_MOUNTS
CLIENT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT = 100000
CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT = 100000
LOCKED_FILE_ACTION = SKIP

This didn't resolve the problem either.

Any suggestions on how to backup this client with Netbackup will be
gladly appreciated.

Regards,

Curtis Walker