Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] new back up solution

2000-08-03 15:24:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] new back up solution
From: Sanjeev Jha sanjeevjha AT sunguru DOT com
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 12:24:49 -0700 (PDT)
Folks,

I am working for Back up job/strategy for a company.
Up to now I was doing back up in-house servers through
NT utilities (NFS for Solaris/Linux machine).
Now we started taking back up of server at other
co-operate office and trying to implement on request
availability of data to users. My question is:

1> What is the best solution to take back up of remote
server through firewall minimizing connection loss,
bandwidth limitation and security hazards ?

2> How can I assist Solaris/HP-UX users to backup and
restore (a) files/(b) volume/(c) raw disk on NT/Linux
based Back up library ?
Want to make files/volume available to user when they
need and take their back up when file changes.

Any light on above issues will be great help to me. I
am already doing research.
I will post the final/collective answer with my
research materials.

Thanks

=====
Sanjeev